Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Nothing compares to a creamy lemon cake to have as a snack with your favourite beverage or as a dessert. Your family members and loved ones would feel appreciated if you bake them this delicious cake. The cake is so soft and has a spongy texture. With the added lemon glaze on top, it becomes really creamy. The combination between the buttery flavour and the taste of the lemon is exquisite.
This recipe is very easy to make. It takes only 20 minutes to prepare. This lemon cream cheese pound cake is very scrumptious and worth-trying. You can make it whether you are a beginner or a chef. What makes this cake special is the fact that 3 lemon flavorings are used: lemon extract, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 8 ounce of softened cream cheese
- 3 cups of sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of sifted powdered sugar
2-4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease your Bundt pan.
- Place butter and cream cheese in a medium-mixing bowl beat together using an electric mixer until the mixture is creamy.
- Slowly add sugar while beating on medium speed until the sugar is well-combined.
- Add eggs (one at a time) and mix until yolks disappear.
- Whisk flour and salt in another bowl.
- Add some of the whisked dry ingredients to the batter.
- Pour some of the lemon juice. Beat on low.
- Add the remaining flour and salt mixture and pour the rest of the lemon juice. Beat on low again
- Stir the lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let the cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar and the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice using an electric mixer until they are smooth.
Add more lemon juice (a teaspoon at a time to obtain a thick but pourable consistency.)
Pour the glaze over cake. Let the cake sit out until the glaze has dried well.
HOW TO STORE:
- Keep it in an airtight container for up to week in the refrigerator.
- If you want to put it in the freezer, double wrap it in aluminum foil and place it into a freezer bag. Add the glaze if you want to serve it.
- You cake will stay in a good condition if you leave it in the counter in a maximum of 4 days.
The butter cream cheese, eggs and lemon should be in room temperature before you start preparing your cake.
The measures of the flour and sugar should be accurate so that the cake is not too sweet and not too dry.
Mix the ingredients well until the mixture is light and fluffy.
You can add baking powder, if you like.
Butter your Bundt pan so that the cake mixture does not stick. You can also use cooking spray instead of the butter, if you want.
When you pour the cake mixture to the Bundt pan, remove any air pockets by tapping the pan to your counter few times.
To check if your cake is cooked, place a toothpick in it. If your toothpick is clean, then your cake is ready.