Time: 45 minutes Serves: 8
There are many things that are great about this recipe. One of the amazing aspects is the crunchiness of broccoli and bacon. Also, the variation of vegetables and meat create a great balance in terms of nutrition. In addition to this, you are free to adapt you salad and make any changes that you like according to your preferences. For instance, if you are vegetarian, you can remove bacon.
This recipe is perfect in any season and in any day of the week. Nevertheless, it is perfect for a spring or summer day. It is quickly made. You can put it in airtight container and have it outside while going on a picnic. You can also have it during your lunch break at work. Or you can eat it at home while chilling watching TV. Enjoy this colorful and rich salad.
7-8 cups bite size pieces of broccoli florets,
1 cup sharp of grated cheddar cheese,
½ cup dried cranberries
8 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon,
¼ cup roasted and salted sunflower kernels
½ diced red onion,
To prepare the dressing :
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, cranberries, bacon, sunflower seeds and the half onion.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper to make the dressing
- Pour the dressing over the salad and combine.
- Place your salad bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Before you serve, toss the ingredients to combine and enjoy your meal!
- You can store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a maximum of 5 days.
- If you are making the salad ahead of time, keep the dressing separately. Mic everything when you want to serve.
- You can use chopped pecans, cashews, or slivered almonds instead of sunflower seeds.
- If you want more sauce, simply double the ingredients in the dressing.