Time: 30 minutes. Servings: 6
With only 5 ingredients and few steps you can make the best bean dip ever. It is very easy to make and you need only a skillet and a stove. You can rarely find a recipe that is this scrumptious and uses few utensils. This bean is very creamy and cheesy thanks to the cubes of Velveeta cheese and the thick salsa of your choice.
If you are craving a comfort food and you don’t know what to have, just make this dip and you will not regret it. In addition to this, making this recipe to your guests is a great decision. You will see them going back to have more and more. This recipe can be more than just a dip; It can be a meal if your serve it with other food. Find in the notes below some ideas about making this dip part of a meal.
- 1 pound lean ground beef,
- 28 ounces can refried beans
- 1 packet of Taco seasoning
- 1 and ½ cups salsa, your choice (thick and chunky, mild is what I use)
- 1 pound cubed Velveeta Cheese,
Place a skillet over medium high heat and cook your ground beef until it is browned.
Add the refried beans, Velveeta cheese cubes, salsa and the taco seasoning.
Combine well everything.
Let everything simmer for 15 minutes while stirring.
When the cheese is ready, turn off the heat. Put your dip in a flattened boawl.
- This can be used as a meal. You can have it on top of baguette slices or bread. You can also top baked potato with this delicious dip.
- You can use chicken or venison instead of ground beef.
- You can have this dip without any meat. It will be different, but good.
- You can choose any salsa that you like. I prefer a thick and a mild one.
How to store it?
This bean dip can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for 5 days maximum.