A piece of lemon pie is the food most synonymous with the summer season. Because of the lightness of the tastes and the tanginess of the texture, each and every bite is like eating a ray of warm summer sunshine. At your next gathering during the summer, rather of serving the usual dessert, try making this lemon curd pie instead. This dish has all of the bright and clear flavors that are so appealing to us, and the greatest thing is that putting it together is as easy as can be. This is so straightforward that you could think it involves some kind of enchantment. Keep reading if you want to discover how to cook this meal, since it is as simple to prepare as pie.
– 1/4 teaspoon tartar
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 3 large egg whites
– 1/2 cup lemon juice
– One 14-ounce can of condensed milk
– large egg yolks
– 1 teaspoon lemon zest
– 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) melted butter
– 1 1/2 graham cracker crumbs
– 1/2 cup sugar
1. Turn the temperature in the oven up to 325 degrees F.
2. For the crust, put the graham cracker crumbs and sugar into a mixing dish and toss them together until they are completely incorporated. After that, include the butter that has been melted. Put the mixture in a pie dish with a diameter of 9 inches and pack it down firmly.
3. Condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and egg yolks should be combined for the filling in a medium bowl. The egg whites should be set aside for the meringue topping. The filling should then be poured into the crust.
4. To make the meringue, place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a medium bowl and use an electric mixer to whisk the mixture until it forms soft peaks. Next, add the sugar and continue to whip the mixture until the peaks are firm.
5. The meringue should be spread evenly over the magic lemon pie, and it should reach all the way to the crust’s edge. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meringue acquires a light golden color. Before serving, let the dish chill for at least two hours.
A slice of this American lemon pie is a decadent way to end a meal. This traditional dessert is perfect for any event, whether you’re throwing a party or simply have a sweet tooth. Not to mention, the nicest thing about this lemon pie, in addition to the delicious taste and airy texture, is that the filling and the crust are ready when the lemoncurd pie is taken out of the oven. The fact that it needs hardly any work on your part is another perk. Since everything for this dish is mixed together in a single bowl before being served, you might call it an easy recipe. Afterward, all you have to do is transfer the mixture to an oven-proof dish and let the oven do its magic. With little doubt, the aroma of your cooking will fill the house.