Time: 1 hours 10 minutes Servings: 8
This is an American tasty dessert for you, your kids, friends and family members. People from different ages love to have it. The combination between blueberry and lemon adds a unique taste to the regular loaf.
The addition of blueberry makes it healthy and nutritious. It is very moist and refreshing. It tastes like a sweet sour-y cake. It is very easy to make and doesn’t take much time to prepare.
½ cup Sweet Cream Butter
¾ cup Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs
½ cup Whole Milk
1and ½ cup of All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp of Baking Powder
½ tsp of Salt
1 Fresh Lemon
1 and a ¼ cup of divided Fresh Blueberries
1 Tbsp of Flour
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- The remaining fresh lemon juice
- Start by heating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Mix well with an electric mixer until the texture is creamy.
- While continuing to mix, add in the 2 eggs and milk.
- Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and stir. ( Keep the remaining lemon juice for the glaze)
- Take another mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Whisk gently until everything is combined.
- Add your dry ingredient to the bowl of your wet ingredient slowly and beat all ingredients to combine.
- In a medium-sized bowl, put the tablespoon of flour and add in the blueberries. Shake until all blueberries are covered with flour.
- With a slotted spoon, take 1 cup of your blueberries and add them to the loaf mixture. Throw the rest of the flour away.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Grease with cooking spray your 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Pour the batter in the pan.
- Place it in the oven to cook between 50 to 60 minutes.
- Check if your loaf is cooked by inserting a toothpick. If it is not cooked, add it another 5 to 10 minutes in the oven.
- Once the loaf is fully cooked, remove it from the pan to cool and start making your glaze.
- For the glaze, take a small bowl and mix ¼ cup of powdered sugar with the remaining lemon juice.
- Make holes in your loaf using a chopstick and pour the glaze on top.
- Spread the glaze all over the loaf using a rubber spatula.