Remember Chicken Gloria? It’s essentially the most iconic classic, comfort food, with a creamy mushroom and chicken dish. It’s an old Betty Crocker recipe that’s been around for decades and you may recall your mom, or your grandmother making the dish. The chicken is baked in a rich sauce, which is topped with the flavor of sherry and it’s delicious with egg noodles that are soft and tender. As with all dishes, this one is easy to cook.
… then finally cooking them in an oven. There is no need to cook them in this recipe as that can be done when you bake them later.
When the chicken is ready Then, the mushrooms and butter go into the pan and cook until soft and fragrant.
- 3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts that have been cut lengthwise in half.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Three tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- Half cup Sherry Wine
- 1 (18 1 oz) can soup of cream of mushrooms
- 6-slices Swiss (or Muenster cheese
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley chopped, to be used as garnish
- Black pepper freshly crushed and Kosher Salt to your taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and then set aside a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt across both surfaces. Drift chicken in flour, then shake off any excess.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Once it’s hot, you can brown the chicken both sides. (You don’t have to cook until it’s done because it will cook within the oven.) Transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
- Add butter to the skillet and heat it up to medium-high. Add the mushrooms, and sprinkle by adding salt and pepper. Let cook until golden brown. Mix in sherry and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Stir soup into soup, mixing well. Cook until it is heated through.
- Pour sauce over chicken , then sprinkle cheese slices.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and switch off the broiler. Broil until cheese has brown in about 2 to 1 minute.
- Allow 5 minutes to rest before serving. Serve with parsley. Enjoy!