These Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies are easy, quick to fix, delicious, and they freeze well. You may even have the ingredients in your house right now. Also known as Russian Tea Cakes and Mexican Wedding Cookies but in our house we just call them Snowballs They are the delectable cookie with a thousand names.
These are my absolute favorite cookies! I love them!!! LOVE THEM!!! These Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies will melt in your mouth. They are so easy! You will find that you have a full batch of cookies ready in under 45 minutes. How can you beat that!!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecan
- 1 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In stand mixer cream butter and powdered sugar. Turn to low and mix in salt, vanilla, flour and pecans. Roll into one inch balls. Place on parchment covered baking sheets a few inches part. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until very lightly browned. Do not over bake
- Remove from oven and allow to cool just enough to handle them. Pour 1 cup powdered sugar in large Ziploc bag or in a wide bowl. Gently add 3-4 cookies at a time and roll them gently in the bottom of the bag. Use fork to scoop under each cookie and gently shake to remove excess powdered sugar. Place on cooling racks. Once completely cooled roll in powdered sugar bag again.