A huge tortilla stuffed with queso, taco beef the tostada shell and sour-cream fresh lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and cilantro. The cheesy burrito/taco hybrid is packed with flavor and crunch!
Since I tried one of these wraps at Taco-Bell just a few months ago I could not be satisfied with. The combination of a tostada, taco and burrito is among the finest recipes for a fresh take of Mexican food!
The wrap is known as the ultimate CrunchWrap because of its merits and it certainly lives up the title. Imagine layers of queso and taco spiced beef, the crunchy shell of a tostada in the middle, and fresh lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro, as well as a sprinkling of lime. The Crunch Wraps are delicious and are worth every calories!
- 1 2 lb ground beef
- One packet of taco spice mix
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup queso or nacho cheese dip
- 6 large burrito-sized flour tortillas 10 or 12 inches
- 6 . Stada Shells, or corn tortillas. See note
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 to mato diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- the juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese mix
- A large skillet should be heated to medium/high for about 3 minutes. Add the beef to the skillet and cook, then crumble and cook the beef until it is no more pink. Drain fat. Mix in taco seasoning mix, as well as water. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
- On a clean , flat surface, place one tortilla made of flour on an even surface. Spread two tablespoons of cheese onto the tortilla’s middle. top with approximately 1/2 cup taco meat. Serve the meat on top of 1 tostada. spread a thin layer Sour cream over the tortilla shell. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce and cilantro, sprinkle of lime, and chopped Mexican cheese.
- For folding the wraps, begin by putting the crunch wrap on the middle of the tortilla, and fold the edge upwards over the middle. Continue to work around and fold the tortilla over the fillings in the middle. If there’s a space that is left unfilled in the middle cut off a portion from another tortilla, and then tuck it into the center making sure that it is completely covered. Repeat this process for all the remaining tortillas, tortillas, and fillings.
- Prepare a medium non-stick skillet to medium-high; spray using cook spray, or sprinkle with a thin coat of oil. Place one wrap of crunch, seam-side up on the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden brown and crispy. Repeat the process for all crunch wraps. Serve hot!