These Mounds Brownies taste just like the candy bar. Start with a boxed brownie mix and end with a can of frosting, but the middle is totally homemade.
Somebody messed up. Really. What kind of marketing team sits back and takes a look at a Mounds Bar and an Almond Joy and calls the one with a mound on top of it Almond Joy? THERE’S A MOUND ON TOP OF THE ALMOND JOY!!!
I know- you are thinking I should really calm down about this. I’m not really that jazzed up about it but to tell the truth these are the things I sat around and thought about as a child. Even now as an adult I get the two candies confused. Now you know me a little better. Isn’t that nice?
1 Family Size (9×13) pan of brownies, prepared
5 1/3 Cups shredded coconut
14 oz Can sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ Cups powdered sugar
1 Can of chocolate frosting
1. Prepare brownies and let cool completely.
2. In the bowl of your mixer combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Spread coconut mixture over brownies.
4. Place can of frosting in the microwave for 10 seconds (please be sure to remove foil liner and lid) until pourable.
5. Pour frosting over the coconut mixture. Let cool and set up