How do you prepare Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz cracker cookies using just three ingredients! Simple, no baking sweet and salty recipe that is perfect for holidays and parties.
Ritz cookies are another of our most loved treats in the festive season and I’ve been making them for many years. My family isn’t able to go to Christmas without baking them or rice crunchy peanut butter balls and they’re great for Valentine’s Day and Easter candies too.
As a child my mom would make Ritz Cracker cookies as well as peanut butter balls at Christmas time every year.
I can remember storing our stairwells of our former farmhouse since there was no heat , so they’d be kept cool and comfortable there. My bedroom was situated at the top of the staircase, and naturally, I’d indulge myself when I went up as I walked to my bedroom.
The chocolate Ritz crackers are so simple to make! There’s a minimum of three ingredients to make these, unless you wish to think up some creative ways to add additional ingredients. They’re tasty as they are.
If you take a moment to think about it, what’s better than peanut butter and chocolate? For a salty and sweet dessert, they’re the most perfect combination of both.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Candy Melting Wafers
- Pyrex Measuring Cups, 3 Piece Clear
- Christmas Present Tins small Box to store cookies and Candy (Set from 4)
- 3 sleeves Ritz Crackers
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter 1 cup creamy peanut
- 15-20 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers
- Set a piece of wax paper on the cookie sheet.
- Make use of the knife for spreading peanut butter on two Ritz Crackers, and sandwich the crackers.
- Set cookies of your Peanut Butter Cracker Sandwiches on the wax paper-covered cookie sheet in preparation to dip them.
- Melt the chocolate in accordance with instructions on the packaging. I prefer to take the simple route with my large glass measuring cup and melt the chocolate wafers using the microwave. *
- After the chocolate has been melt, dip each sandwich in chocolate that is melted by using forks or the tongs. Shake off any excess chocolate before placing it back in the parchment paper, allowing it to set.
- After all of your crackers are coated, place the crackers within the refrigerator for around fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Take them out of the freezer and put them in an airtight container, or holiday tin. Keep the frozen treats in an airtight, dry place I generally just put them in the refrigerator.