My most requested cookies. I typically bake at least 500 cookies for Christmas. It’s a fairly simple recipe that is also full of flavor!
Oh my god, these could be the most delicious cookies I’ve ever eaten. They are definitely the most delicious cookies I’ve ever created. They are delicious! It’s also simple. This is always a plus. This is definitely going to become the new staple of Christmas cookies for me. Thank you, Denise!
These were included inside the cookie containers that I give to my neighbors at Christmas. Two of them have told me how wonderful they were, and another asked me to make a second batch just for her. I think they’re pretty tasty too!
I created these cookies because my wife loves butter pecan cake . That taste is in these cookies. The changes I made was to toast the pecan pieces 1 tablespoon of butter that has been melted to 1 cup nuts 350 degrees , for 15 minutes. mixing for 5 minutes every five minutes. This method can really enhance the taste of the pecans. I began with a cup of room temperature butter . I made sure to cream only the butter before adding the other ingredients. I utilized Captain Morgan in the glaze and the 4 dozen “small scoops” of cookies disappeared within 2 days. MELT IN YOUR MOUTH! Absolutely a worthy keeper.
Cook time: 15 Min Prep time: 5 Min Serves: 3 dozen
3/4 C butter, at room temp + 1 Tbsp.
1/2 C powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
6 oz package butterscotch chips
1 c pecans finely chopped
3 C powdered sugar
1 tsp extract of rum
1/2 c chopped pecans
3 to 4 tablespoons of milk or water
1. Cream butter containing crushed sugar as well as salt, until it becomes light and fluffy.
2. Mix in flour, then mix thoroughly.
3. Add butterscotch chips as well as one cup chopped finely pecans.
4. Make dough into balls, just a tiny teaspoonful at one time to form into balls.
5. Place cookies 1 inch apart on an the cookie sheet that is not sprayed.
6. Bake in a 325° oven in 15 mins or so until the cake is firm but not browned.
7. Cool the wire racks on them.
8. Make a rum glaze. Mix all the ingredients until they are smooth.
9. You can dip the cookies into the glaze, or make use of a spoon to pour over the cookies. Sprinkle with pecans chopped.
Final Step Remember to share!