This soup is perfect to warm you up on a cold winter’s day. It’ll fill you up and is full of delicious taste! Kids will love it too!
This soup is delicious! It’s delicious and healthy! I am a huge fan of soups that have barley and my kids do too. I love to cook large batches and then keep some in the freezer. It’s always nice to have an extra container of soup stored to be prepared in case someone is sick.
It can also be prepared in a crockpot as well as the slow cooker. After you have cooked your beef, add the other ingredients into the crockpot. The cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the carrots are cooked.
The Best Beef and Barley Soup
Servings: 10 servings
Cook Time 40 Minutes
In the INGREDIENTS :
1 pound boneless chuck roast that has been trimmed and cut into pieces of 1/2-inch
1 1/2 cups of carrots, thinly chopped
*1 1/2 cups of celery thinly cut
* 2/3 cup chopped onion
* 1 package of pre-sliced mushrooms 8-ounce
* 2 TBs base of beef (this is different from beef broth, it’s an ingredient that creates beef broth)
* 8-10 cups of water
One large leaf of a bay
Instructions for use :
1. Brown the beef in a non-stick fry pan until it is browned with a constant stirring.
2. Remove the beef from the pan and place it in Crockpot. Add carrots onion, celery, mushrooms beef base as well as garlic, water along with bay leaf.
3. Cook on high for about an hour, add pearl barley and lower the heat to low, and cook until the beef and vegetables are cooked through. Mix in salt and pepper.
4. Remove bay leaf.